- Triple Crown Girls Fastpitch tournaments are non-sanctioned events, but are played using USA rules and umpire mechanics with additional Triple Crown specialty rules.
- All rule interpretations will be interpreted using the spirit or intent of the rule as written by the governing body or TCS specialty rule.
- Any coach or player ejected from a game will be required to sit out the next game.
Option 1: Straight nine- Those nine can play any position on defense without reporting to the umpire. Those nine can NOT change order in the batting line-up even though they may be playing different positions each inning.
Option 2: Use of the DP/Flex- 10 players are listed on the line-up, but only 9 bat. The DP can bat for any player that you designate prior to the start of the game. That player is designated as the Flex and should be listed in the th spot on the line-up card. Any of the 10 players can play on defense.
Option 3: Use of the EH/EP- This gives you the option to bat 10 players and any 9 can play defense. This player can be placed anywhere in the line-up.
Option 4: Use of the DP/Flex and the EP/EH- This allows you to have 11 players in the game. You hit 10 and designate 1 player as the Flex. 3. Run ahead rule will be 8-6 runs after 4-5 innings.
-A coin flip will determine the home team, with the exception of double elimination championship games. The team from the Winners bracket will be the home team. “If” games will use a coin flip to determine the home team.
-Pool games can end in a tie.
-The team listed first in pool play or the team listed on the top of the bracket will occupy the third base dugout, unless the team in the third base dugout is playing back to back.
-Game time is forfeit time.
-All protests will be accompanied by a $100 cash protest fee before any protest will be allowed. Games will not be “played under protest”. No roster protests will be allowed once teams have checked in and started play.
Any player who has played on a college roster (JUCO, NAIA, NCAA) or has completed college coursework after high school, is NOT eligible to play in the following Triple Crown events:
• Oklahoma City • Colorado Sparkler • Colorado Fireworks • Triple Crown World Series • Myrtle Beach Summer Nationals • TC / USA Nationals on CBS Sports network • All local state series events in Colorado, Arizona**, California, and Florida.
All of the above rules are the same for 10U teams except:
1. 10U teams will pitch from 35 feet.
2. A Maximum of 6 runs per half inning may be scored.
Triple Crown Pool Play Rules
Two-Way tie (Same Pool): 1. Win/Loss Record, 2. Head to Heat, 3. Total Run Differential, 4. Least Runs Allowed, 5. Most Runs Scored, 6. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD) 7. Coin Flip. Three-Way tie (Same Pool): 1. Total Run Differential, 2. Least Runs Allowed, 3. Most Runs Scored, 4. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD), 5. Coin Flip. IMPORTANT: 1. Maximum Run Spread per game is 7, regardless of score, 2. Forfeits will be scored 7-0.